"The Spiritual Interpretation of My Art: From a Divine Gift to Master Water Gilding"

 "I didn't know how to draw anything at all. No matter how hard I tried, if I attempted to draw a little dog, for example, it would turn out looking strange. But in a single night, the Lord granted me the gift of hagiography. What happened is truly a spiritual mystery. It was 3:00 AM when I picked up a piece of A4 paper, an eraser, and a pencil, completely without reason, not knowing why. I wondered what I was doing. Without looking at anything, completely freehand, I kept saying to myself, 'My goodness, what am I doing?' By the time I finished, I had drawn the Panagia Ierosolymitissa. The Lord guided me without a single lesson, without any external techniques, to become what still guides me today. I say this without boasting, because all the glory belongs to the LORD, the I AM, the ALMIGHTY. Take a look at my icons and the water gilding (stilvoto) with genuine gold leaf, either 22k or 23.5k, a craft in which, by the Grace of the LORD, I became a master and one of the most experienced artisans."














 







Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου